WHat I Offer as your doula
I offer physical, emotional, and informational support to birthing families in order to help them achieve their healthiest, most satisfying birth possible. I support pregnant people as they gives birth the way they want. I stay with the pregnant person the whole time—at home and at the birthing location, even if the birthing location might change. I prefer to begin meeting with clients in the second trimester, and we meet at least two times before the birth and two after.
I hold space for you. This means I give you room to express your wishes and exercise your autonomy. I’ll help you sort out your feelings without adding my own. I strive to listen deeply as you tell your story. I promise to never be disappointed in you, and I will never judge you. It is my goal to help you feel safe and empowered as you give birth.
One of my primary goals is to help your family prepare to make decisions regarding your care. This may entail education about the variety of choices that lay ahead of you. Sometimes this means helping new parents write out pros and cons lists, obtain more information, or brainstorm ideas. We might even practice ways of communicating clearly.
Doulas make one big promise: to be there. I offer continuous, in-person support to a laboring person starting from the time they want my presence (usually by the beginning of active labor) through two hours after delivery. I offer assistance in coping with labor pain, often including use of counter pressure, position changes, and movement.
-Trained Doula | DONA International Doula Workshop | May 2023
- Support via phone / text / email from time of hire until 4 weeks postpartum
- 2 Prenatal home or zoom visits
- On-call 24/7 for labor support and birth photography starting at 38 weeks
- Labor support with photography to document your birth story
- Postpartum support with photography up to 2 hours after birth
- 2 Postpartum home or zoom visits
- All images of your birth for digital download (100+)
$2,100 + tax
- Birth videography with a 4-6 minute birth film: $500 + tax
- Custom design 8x8 heirloom lay flat album: $250 + tax